Dating at any age can be hard. With all of the new technology out, it is so easy to find a romantic partner through some sort of social media or website on the internet. It is no longer embarrassing to admit that you found your boyfriend, fiance, or husband on the internet because it is such a common occurrence in today’s society. Embrace the opportunities that technology has given us and look through the pool of men that are out here in this world looking for a woman. Now, there are many good dating websites that you can be a part of to find a good man, but here are some examples including all the good and bad things about each website.
Rate: With over 7 million users, Match.com has received a 3-star rating.
- This website had users from over twenty-four countries and has websites in fifteen different languages.
- The website uses feedback and behavior of its customers to continually update and advance its website which is great because you know that the website is in the customers best interest.
- Getting approved for the website does take a little bit of time, which can delay the amount of time you have to find men.
- This website really focuses on asking you about yourself and want traits you are looking for so that it is not simply finding identical matches to your personality and hobbies.
- It is an open dating site with no limitations as to who you can connect with. You are able to see everyone’s profiles and search anything you would like to find new people to connect with. You are not limited to just people who the site matches you with.
- Because it involves a paid membership, it mostly attracts people who are interested in a long-term or serious relationship, rather than people who want to just casually hookup. This can be good when you are looking for a future husband.
- The website is laid out very well and really easy to use. It is very functional and is made for the Customers best interest.
- This website uses a personal profile to describe yourself and connect with others. The personal profile explains your general information about yourself, your thoughts about relationships, where you live, what you do for a living, your hobbies, your values, and lifestyle, etc.
- You can try the website by using the free account, but only paid members to have access to the full site and full benefits of this dating website.
- The paid membership allows you to send and receive messages, and also see who has viewed your profile.
- This website shows you a pool of accounts that match your ideal partner and also accounts where you may match their ideal partner.
- You can search for matches using specific keywords.
- This website also as an app that easily lets you access all your notifications and information from your phone.
- The paid membership account for Match.com is $20.99/month for 12 months, $23.99/month for six months, and $26.99/month for three months.
Plenty of Fish
Rate: With 100 million users, 500,00 of them having paid memberships, Plenty of Fish has a rating of 3.5.
- You take a chemistry test that consists of 70 questions that match you with men of similar personalities like other dating websites.
- The website gives you a detailed list of “your relationship needs” which tells you what they think that you need in a relationship and where you messed up in your previous ones. This can be useful to hear from an outside source.
- You can access all messages and profiles for free. This is great because you can try out this site to its full extent for free, but it also doesn’t filter out people who aren’t serious about finding a serious long-lasting relationship. If you are paying even a small fee per month, that shows that you are dedicated to finding someone right for you and that you aren’t just looking to date around or for a one-night stand.
- Incredibly long and in-depth sign-up process that really digs deep into what you really want and need in a relationship and from a man in general.
- There are also assessments that are not mandatory to have an account, but that can give you even more accurate matches and give you more feedback on what kind of guy and relationship that you need.
- There is a free app that hooks right up to your phone that easily notifies and alerts you of any updates and action on your profile. This is a nice addition to the website and makes the overall process a lot easier and more modern.
- It does not limit the number of matches which can sometimes be overwhelming to look through and compare. It really boosts your confidence, but when it comes to focusing on one specific guy it may make it somewhat difficult.
- You can also see how many people have viewed your profile, which is a nice thing to know and keep track of.
- One downside is that the site is a little harder to navigate than others, and the messaging is set up very different and is a little harder to use. Although it is free and has a nice modern app, the website layout is still very confusing at times. It is also very difficult to delete your account. If you do find a guy, and you have no use for the account anymore, it may take you some digging through the help section and the rest of the internet to figure out how to get your profile information down so that you stop receiving messages.
- If you do want a paid membership, it gives you access to seeing when messages are sent, deleted and more extended profile information on each person. Since neither of these will be essential to finding a match, most do not use the paid trial and find matches for free.
Rate: With over 10 million active users, 750,000 being paid users, eHarmony has a rate of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Matches are based on key areas of personality.
- There are users from all over the globe of different ages, races, ethnicities, and religions.
- The eHarmony guarantee is also another great part of this dating website. If you are not satisfied with any of your matches within the first three trial months, you will receive another three months of using eHarmoy for free.
- The sign-up process is extremely thorough, which helps narrow down the perfect guy for you. It takes about 20 minutes which takes over double what most other dating sights take. You can really see how accurate and thorough this dating website is through their sign-up process.
- If you don’t have a subscription you can’t view messages or photos. So, basically, to get any value of this website, you have to get the subscription.
- If you are on eHarmony it is clear that you are looking for a long-term meaningful relationship and not just to hook up.
- The cost is $60 a month to have a subscription.
- You can send a person a “smile” which is nice because it let them know that you are interested without having to send them a message.
- However, there is no video aspect within this dating website. So, you don’t get to hear any of the members talk. It also has limited search options, would sometimes make the overall process a bit There is no way to just scroll through all the users, it only lets you see the users who are matched to you.
- eHarmony does continue to stick to its original idea, and not try to change to adapt to new mainstream websites and new trends.
- There is also an app on your phone where you can easily access all the information you need for your account.
- There are 438 eHarmony couples that marry each day, according to Harris Interactive, which is statistics to show that the website does actually find husbands.
- Overall, the entire website seems to be at a higher level than most other dating websites. The method is down to a science, which makes sense because the creator was a psychologist. This isn’t a website for messing around and messaging anyone who you find attractive. It really focuses on finding true matches who will hopefully end up in a long-term relationship.
Overall, you can have a good experience using a dating website no matter which site you choose to be a part of but eHarmony is the winner. Be honest when messaging people and when taking personality and dating tests because you want to take fool advantage of what these websites have or offer when looking for matches for you. Be careful and made sure you know what you’re getting yourself into before you start talking to someone. Make your intentions clear, and make sure that you know theirs. I would recommend any of these three websites because they all have success stories. Each person has their own individual specific story, and maybe soon you can have your own as well.